Whats New / Announcements Announcement of 75th edition of Know India Programme

Announcement of 75th edition of Know India Programme

Know India Programme (KIP): Overview

Know India Programme is an initiative of the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India aimed to connect the Indian diaspora youth (excluding non-residents Indians all over the world in the age group 21-35 years with their motherland. Launched in December 2003, Know India Programme (KIP) is a three-week orientation programme for diaspora youth conducted with a view to promote awareness on different facets of life in contemporary India. 

As a part of the programme, the applicants finalized through the selection process visit India for a 21-day schedule. 90% of the cost of international airfare in respect of KIP participants visiting India is borne by the Ministry, while the remaining 10% is borne the applicants themselves.  During the period of their stay in India, the Ministry provides for their accommodation, meals (including breakfast, lunch and dinner) and domestic transportation by road/ air.

During the period of their stay in India, the KIP participants are given insights to understanding of India’s political system, economy, society, and developments in various key sectors. Further, they are also provided exposure to India’s history and heritage by visiting places of historical and cultural significance. The Ministry also facilitates their interactions with students and professionals from various fields; along with arranging for meetings and call on visits with senior officials and leadership. The KIP participants are also taken for a 7–10-day state visit to one or more Indian states as a part of the Programme.

The past 74 editions of the KIP has witnessed participation of 2665 youth PIOs. The programme for the 75th edition of the KIP would focus on highlighting sectoral developments of India in Science & Technology, Information & Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Startup Ecosystem, Digital Infrastructure, Defence and Agriculture etc. while further highlighting cultural and civilizational heritage of India like Yoga, Ayurveda, Classical forms of Dance and Music and Archaeological history.

KIP provide a unique forum for students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with the contemporary India.

The 75th KIP programme will be organised from 7-27 July 2024. Registrations are open for 75th KIP until 31 May 2024. For more details, please visit: https://kip.gov.in/